Maxym M. Martineau is a staff writer and editor by day, and a fantasy romance author by night. A lover of all things romance, her five-year-old self was quick to scream at Hugh Grant for leaving Julianne Moore in the movie Nine Months. When she’s not getting heated over broken hearts, she enjoys playing video games, sipping a well-made margarita, binge-watching television shows, competing in just about any sport, and of course, reading.
With a love for strong female leads, sarcasm, and steamy scenes, Maxym is always on the lookout for compelling stories packed with voice. Bonus points if there’s magic. While she’ll read widely in any genre, some of her favorite authors are J.K. Rowling and Amanda Bouchet.
Following her passion, Maxym earned her bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Arizona State University. From that point on, it was all words, all the time. She’s a member of Romance Writers of America, and currently lives in Arizona with her husband and their two dogs. She is represented by Cate Hart of Corvisiero Literary Agency.
Maxym M. Martineau’s conversational bio
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my site. As a novelist, I’ve ran into my fair share of hiccups and bumps, and I just wanted to share my experiences with all of you. Peruse my blog, check out the helpful links section, or contact me if you have any questions or comments. I’m happy to connect with other readers and writers! You can sign up for my newsletter if you’re interested in staying “in the know,” or you can simply check back in your spare time. Now that we have the specs out of the way, a few lovely tidbits about me:
- I primarily write fantasy and romance novels, though I have an appreciation for most genres.
- I’m borderline addicted to Dr. Pepper — fountain over can, can over bottle (I can’t stand the taste of plastic).
- I love guacamole and delicate sweets (I make some kick-ass cookies around the holidays).
- My favorite TV shows (in no particular order) are South Park, Rick and Morty, Archer, Say Yes to the Dress, Supernatural, Law and Order: SVU, basically anything on Adult Swim, and all things anime. I love me some anime.
- I’m terrified of moths.
- I dream every night (that’s where I get most of my inspiration).
- I love my job.
- My writing process is basically six hours of procrastination while I stare at a blank computer screen, followed immediately by frantic typing as I try to capture what suddenly popped into my head in a random spurt of creativity.
- I’m an open book, just ask me!
And that’s about it for now! Hope you enjoy my site. Happy reading!
-Maxym M. Martineau (M3)