So, I have absolutely no idea if any mentors will ever read this, but what the hell. I like blogging and this will give my readers a chance to get a more in-depth bio from me. 😀
First for the nitty-gritty: I’m submitting a New Adult, Urban Fantasy novel. Now that that’s out of the way, here’s my mentee bio!
Let me start by saying my name is Maxym and I like long walks on the beach, sunsets, wine…Wait. That’s not right. I like the beach and sunsets, but wine is questionable (I’m more of a rum or tequila girl). I can be bribed with Dr. Pepper (the nectar of the Gods), milk chocolate (please, do NOT give me dark chocolate. I don’t care if it’s “better” for me), and homemade guacamole. Kraft Man N’ Cheese is also a solid front runner. I’m sensing a trend here with all this food…
But tasty morsels aside, here’s a little about me in flash-format for those who enjoy bullets.
- I love reading/writing/all things lit (but I’m hoping you guessed that by now)
- Fantasy is my favorite genre
- I started with a god awful MS before I really knew anything about writing (maybe one day I’ll revisit that–also, that is not the MS that I’m currently submitting/editing)
- I prefer to write NA, but devour all YA books like candy (see? food again, sheesh. Probably because I’m on this body building eating plan)
- Video Games…Need I say more? I nerd out all the time. I beat my boyfriend to a pulp in Super Smash Brothers. I’m utterly devastated that they STILL HAVEN’T RELEASED a date for Kingdom Hearts 3.
- I have a Bachelor’s in English Lit (go Devils!)
- I’m no stranger to critiques and in fact, I welcome them. I currently work as a content writer for website creation and I’m always reshaping the voice and tone of the text for my audience. And then watching it burn and starting over again.
- Supernatural is one of the best TV shows around.
- I’m in love with Kingsman: The Secret Service. Seriously, I want something life threatening to happen in my neck of the woods so Englishmen in dapper suits can save me with an umbrella.
- I’m deathly afraid of moths. No seriously, I’m terrified they will flock to me in the night and eat off my clothes.
That’s just a little tidbit for you all. 🙂 Honestly, if I do somehow land a mentor, I would be ecstatic. I’m a perfectionist to my very core, which means I’m willing to put in the necessary hours/weeks/months/ten years to make sure my work is solid. My MS is my baby, and I just want it to succeed in any way possible. Not sure if the story arc fits? Let’s tweak it. Too much info? I’ll cut my darlings in a heartbeat. Need more clarification? On it. Done and done. I’m open to crits like I’m open to a free Dr. Pepper, which is always.
Well, I hope this helps! Right now I feel like I’m running up a flight of stairs to a door that I can’t see–it’s too difficult to pick my favorite mentors and even more difficult to know if I’ll even be a valid option. But alas! Here I am. And I’m trying.
Before I sign off, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of the mentors participating, even the ones I’m not submitting to. You all are doing so much to further the skills of those around you. We need more kick-ass literature and your advice seriously helps. 🙂
Check out the rest of my awesome writer friends over at Christopher’s blog!